I Want to Make You Famous

by Joel Friedlander on January 12, 2014 · 11 comments

Post image for I Want to Make You Famous

I want to make you famous.

Well, famous to a well-defined group of people; the readers of this blog.

As the world of self-publishing expands, it becomes more difficult for any one person to stay up to date with new services, advancing technologies, and the people who are making change happen.

At the same time I’m finding new ways to address the needs of indie book publishers by offering more and more choices for solid, well-constructed books.

This started with the articles on the blog that deal with

It grew with the launch of my video-based training course for authors, the Self-Publishing Roadmap.

Now it includes the tools for authors at Book Design Templates, and will soon expand again.

However, this leaves me less time than ever before.

Write for The Book Designer

To accommodate all this growth, I’m looking for a few bloggers who would like to get “famous” by appearing on my blog. I’m looking for people who can make complex ideas simple, respond to what readers want to learn, and inspire writers to believe in their own publishing dreams.

To be honest, I’m not sure yet exactly how this will work out. It may be a chance for a number of you to get exposed to a wider audience. And I’m also open to a longer involvement if the right situation presents itself.

I’m very proud of the community here, and I’ve spent thousands of hours over the last 4 years building this blog into the most visited site of its kind in the self-publishing field.

But it can get better. Would you like to be a part of that? Use my contact form to let me know your interest, whether it’s writing one article or more. And you’ll want to check out my Guidelines for Guest Authors, too.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Photo: bigstockphoto.com

Alex January 30, 2014 at 7:53 am

Hi Joel,
    There is a question I’m pretty sure would be interesting for every new Author.
    I didn’t know what page I should put my question at, so I just put it here. As a first time author and publisher I’d like to have a copy of a typical Agreement that I’d have to have with brick and mortar stores if they’ll take my book to sell. Is there any typical Contract I could look online at?
    Thanks,

Joel Friedlander January 30, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Alex, if you plan to sell in bookstores you are likely to need a book distributor, and it will be your contract with the distributor that will govern the relationship. If you approach individual stores, they may ask you to consign your books, and they will likely have a simple form to fill out for the consignment.

Alex January 30, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Thank you,. Joel,
    That’s what I needed to know!

Gary Cecil January 15, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Good luck! I’m sure you will find some wonderfully talented folks! I’m just a noob, and man am I finding out just how tough self-publishing truly is!

Katie Cross January 13, 2014 at 5:42 am

Love too! Thanks for the opportunity!

Barbara McDowell Whitt January 12, 2014 at 9:09 am

Joel Friedlander, thank you for your account of the development of your blog. Your instructions for what you are looking for from others as you continue to build it are succinct and instructive.

I’m not applying. I’m not ready. But I have learned a lot from you, and for that I am grateful to you.

Joel Friedlander January 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Thank you, Barbara, much appreciated.

Jason Matthews January 12, 2014 at 8:07 am

Great idea and opportunity for all of us. Thank you, Joel. Heck, I’ve gotten more famous just by commenting on previous posts :)

Joel Friedlander January 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Hey, blog marketing actually works! Hope you’ll participate, Jason.

Greg Strandberg January 12, 2014 at 12:46 am

Wow, what an opportunity! I think your inbox is about to be swamped!

Joel Friedlander January 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm

The response was impressive.