This year, for the first time since 2013, I’ll be back in Denver, Colorado for the AuthorU Extravaganza, a 3-day deep dive into indie publishing.
This event is the brainchild of Contributing Writer, professional book shepherd, and founder of AuthorU, Judith Briles.
It’s my second time at the AuthorU Extravaganza. The memories I have of the first one are vivid. I spent so much time in one-on-one sessions with the authors there, I felt like I had talked to everyone at the event.
And the energy level is very high due to Judith’s nonstop enthusiasm and incredible organization.
I’ll be giving two sessions, one on getting traffic for your blog, and a new one that I call “The Nonfiction Author and the Sideways Table of Contents.” Interested? See below, and a great discount Judith is offering until September 1.
Act Now for a Big Discount on the AuthorU Extravaganza
Here’s the rundown on the event. Complete information, schedules, and registration is linked on the main page here: AuthorU Information. Here’s an overview:
- The focus this year is Daring Greatly. We ’ve assembled the “best of the best” to take you and your book to soaring heights of publishing and marketing success. There are 25 exceptional experts and presenters ready to share a “no-holds-back” information and advice.
Book Marketing Expert John Kremer will be doing a very, very special Deep Dive Dinner Workshop on Thursday, September 15th. John’s classic, 1001 Ways to Market Your Book is launching with an all new edition and updated. If you want insider book marketing tips, you can’t afford to miss this remarkable session. John has shown authors how to dare greatly for years; he has mentored authors who have sold over a billion books and is founder of the Billion Book Initiative to help the next generation of book authors sell another billion books. Are you ready to Dare Greatly and be part of this next generation?
All sessions are General Sessions on Friday and Saturday, so you don’t have to choose, you hear it ALL.
Ask the Experts and Pick Their Brains. You have questions—all our speakers are Experts. One thing many wanted was more time to mix with the speakers. Ask the Experts (our speakers) takes place during lunch when you will have at least one speaker/expert at your table PLUS you can book individual time throughout Friday and Saturday. Ask the Experts and Pick Their Brains are open to all attendees and includes lunch.
Evening Reception. On Friday after Rounds with the Pros before our gourmet dinner (and we do mean gourmet), Ingram Spark is hosting a reception for attendees and speakers. Building community is important to authors—your growing network is invaluable to your success. This is open to all attendees.
- Call the hotel and reserve your room at a special reduced rate. Right now, rates are posted online through the “hotel discount” sites at $184. You get $119 PLUS free parking, which saves an additional $13 per day. There is a free shuttle if you are flying into Denver International Airport (DIA). Call the Renaissance Denver Stapleton Hotel at 303-399-7500 and ask for the AuthorU rate.
Okay, Here’s the Killer Pricing Deal
I’ve been given a special coupon code that will SAVE $270 off of the three-day Extravaganza registration. This is HUGE! BUT . . . you must act NOW. This is good until September 1.
• Click on the link below to take you to Registration page: (for members and nonmembers—click on the nonmember rate if link is broken)
You will note it has $545 for full registration (Thursday Deep Dive through Saturday afternoon) … we will add in the Eagle or Eaglet Thursday Day sessions, another $75 value). Complete it and click Next Step.
• Then, enter AUSP2016 code … You will be charged $350, a terrific rate, just for YOU!
MEET the Speakers!
Authors and Indie Publishers have questions. The annual AuthorU Extravaganza September 15-17, 2016 in Denver, CO has the answers: 25 expert speakers including:
• John Kremer will show you how he has helped authors sell ONE BILLION BOOKS!
• Carolyn Howard Johnson will show you a variety of Frugal Book Marketing strategies.
• Rebecca Finkel will soar your eBook and Interior Designs.
• Joan Stewart will divulge How to Newsjack and tie your expertise and book to breaking news and How to Create SuperFans and Sell More Books.
• Melody Jones will reveal New Social Media Marketing for Authors.
• Joel Friedlander will knock your socks off with how to create a blog that attracts mega-thousands.
• Judith Briles reveals How to Avoid Publishing Blunders and How to Become a Confident Writer and Author.
• Susan RoAne, NY Times best-seller of over 1,000,000 books, will reveal how to work the room for your book.
• Matthew Taylor will show authors how to craft stories.
• Brian Jud will reveal how to sell books to non-store book buyers.
• Mitchell Levy will show you how to write a book in ONE DAY.
• Kathy Meis will have you twirling with branding how-tos.
• Kelly Johnson will demo hot author and writing apps and website savvy.
• Robin Cutler will expose the latest in the POD world.
• Linda Frothingham will demonstrate how to set an event with “eye candy”.
• Bret Ridgway will walk you through the ins and outs of book fulfillment.
• David Dunham will unveil the most amazing viral book marketing tool you can use today.
• Richard Rieman will walk you through the steps of the Audiobook Revolution.
• Amy Collins will show you how to get your book into libraries.
• Daniel Hall will take you through the steps of how to get paid to speak on cruises.
• Dom Testa and Frederick Perrin reveal their author journeys to amazing books.
• John Kremer will show how to work with bookstores.
• Mara Purl and Christopher Law will entertain you and reveal how to transition your book to the “arts”.
You’ll get the inside scoop on all things in publishing … and so much more. Be there—I will be, and it’s going to be a great time. Here’s that link once more:
Post contains affiliate links