By Shelley Sturgeon
I encourage you to join the conversations on the popular blog posts I’ve selected this week, or leave your comments below.
Don’t miss our Carnival of the Indies blog carnival post here next Sunday.
Anne R. Allen on Anne R. Allen… With Ruth Harris
Blogging Can Jumpstart Your Writing Career…Even Before You Publish
“Yeah, yeah. I know people are telling you blogging is totally over. It’s soooo 2008. You should be, like, Instagramming your summer vacay pix, and doing YouTube videos about your characters’ makeup and fashion tips, not gasp writing. Words are so old school. …
Funny thing. If you write, you want to reach readers.”
Tony Riches on The Writing Desk
Connecting with readers on Goodreads #AuthorToolboxBlogHop
“Goodreads is for readers, so is not the place for authors to engage in self-promotion but there are over 75 Million registered users, looking at over two billion books, who have created 77 Million reviews. So how should you build this into your author platform?”
Big Al on Indies Unlimited
Book Advertising: Not So Wonderful Anymore
“About four years ago I told you about an organization called Project Wonderful that was an alternative to Google Adsense for selling advertising space on your blog or website.”
Stephanie Chandler on Nonfiction Authors Association
How to Research Bloggers for Book Reviews, Excerpts, Etc.
“Use these guidelines to perform your author research, or provide to an assistant to follow.”
Kristen Lamb on Kristen Lamb
Author Newsletters: The Good, the Bad & the PLEASE JUST STOP!
“Today we’re tackling author newsletters. Do we need one? Do they sell books? Does a human sacrifice help?”
You’re Invited to a Free Writing Workshop with Bestselling Author Jerry Jenkins
For all you aspiring novelists, I’ve got a real treat for you.
On Friday at 10:00 a.m. Pacific, 1:00 p.m. Eastern join me and Jerry Jenkins for a free workshop: How I Write Bestselling Novels (With Sales of Over 70 Million Copies)
Yes, Jerry has written 125 novels, with sales over 70,000,000 copies. In this webinar you’ll learn:
- The process Jerry’s used to write an average of 4 books a year since 1974, even though he’s a huge procrastinator. He’ll show you how to make writer’s block a thing of the past.
- How to turn the fear that’s been holding you back into the motivation you need to be productive every day.
- The classic story structure you can employ to write a novel with the best chance to succeed.
- How to grab your reader by the throat from the get-go. The success of your novel hinges on your ability to hook readers early and hang on.
- How to avoid the writing mistake that can slow you and even bring you to a dead stop.
- Jerry’s most effective self-editing techniques and why they’re so crucial to your success.
As with all webinars, seating is limited. Reserve your seat today. Here’s the link:
See you on the webinar!