Is this the online event of the year for indie authors? It just might be.
What is IndieRecon?
“Three packed days of advice and education about self-publishing and reaching readers. PLUS this year: a live-streamed Indie Author Fringe Festival, from the London Book Fair.”—IndieRecon.org
Who else is involved?
IndieRecon is being run this year in conjunction with the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi), one of the best of the author-centric groups for indie authors.
Who will be there?
Organizer Orna Ross has put together an unbelievable group of almost 50 successful indie authors and publishing industry insiders. See the whole lineup here: IndieRecon 2015 Speakers (Yes, I’m doing a session on April 15th on book design, and also helping judge the cover competition.)
What can I expect?
- Nitty gritty details on self-publishing basics like pricing, distribution, and formatting from top industry professionals.
- Learn to build your marketing and publicity skills.
- Chat with NY Times bestselling authors Barbara Freethy and Belle Andre.
- Fun contests and HUGE giveaways. (Hint – Begins with a KO and ends with a BO)
- You can attend in your PJs. Need we say more?!
- Discover some great new indie authors to read.
- Learn about all the fab communities and tools out there for indie authors.
What does it cost?
It’s all free. Did I mention it’s free?
When is it?
The online conference is scheduled for April 15-16th 2014 with online seminars, workshops, discussions and master classes culminating in a reader-centered Indie Author Fringe Fest live from The London Book Fair’s Book and Screen Week, on Friday 17th April.