Earlier this week I promised some help for authors who want to create their own book covers in Microsoft Word, but who find getting all the technical parts right a bit of a challenge.
Today we’re launching a brand new tool to help get this right. It’s part of our series of templates to help you create books in Microsoft Word.
And, I have to say, this new Cover Template is kind of magical.
Why? Because I really didn’t think you could do this in Word, period.
Part of the reason is that you have to be able to adjust the size of the cover based on how many pages are in your book and what kind of paper you’re using.
This need to adjust the spine width causes a lot of grief for authors trying to create their own book covers.
And it also created problems for the talented Tracy Atkins, who developed the cover template.
But the solution turned out to be amazing to see, and that’s part of the magic.
In this cover template, when you re-size the spine, the entire template re-centers itself, like magic. And it really works.
We’ve already field tested the cover template by printing books whose covers were created with it in Word, and they look great. Both CreateSpace books and Ingram Spark books, in fact.
(From the top: “blank” cover template, template with artwork and copy in place, books printed from the template. Neat, huh?)
Here’s What You’ll Get
Like all our templates we try to take the frustration and delay out of creating your own books. With this new template, we’ve taken the same approach, and more.
Here’s what you’ll get when you buy the Cover Template for Microsoft Word:
- Cover template for use with books printing at CreateSpace
- Cover template for use with books printing at Lightning Source or Ingram Spark
- Cover template for use with books printing at other vendors (generic)
- PDFs of each of these templates, for your reference
- Graphic templates to show you exactly how big your artwork needs to be for front cover, back cover, spine, and for a full cover wrap
- A 50 page formatting guide with step-by-step instructions on how to do everything you’ll need to know to create your cover in Word
- 20 fonts I hand selected for you to use on covers of various genres.
Video Help for Users
For the first time, we’ve also got instructional videos that will help you see exactly how to use the cover template. They cover:
- Cover Template Preview
- Adjusting the Spine Width
- Changing Artwork for an Individual Pane
- Creating a Full Wrap Cover
- Changing Cover Text Boxes
You’ll find these on our new video page here: Book Design Templates Instructional Videos
And a BIG Sale to Celebrate
We’re so excited about offering you this new, fast, easy way to create your book covers in Microsoft Word, we’re running a store-wide sale to celebrate.
So from now until Wednesday night (6/18/2014) everything on our site will be 25% off. You don’t even need a coupon code, prices will automatically adjust when you add an item to your cart.
(And, like all of our products, it’s backed by our friendly 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. We want you to feel comfortable and safe while shopping at our site!)
So go check this new template out now, here’s the link: Cover Template for Microsoft Word.
And while you’re there, make sure to check out the 2:29 video on the sales page, it will show you exactly how the template works, and will give you an idea of why I’m so excited about it.
And have a great weekend!