Last year I explained how I came to partner with Betty Sargent on the first comprehensive resource guide for indie authors.
And how the book, with the help of readers, launched at #1 in several categories on Amazon. It was awesome.
The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide gathered over 150 reviews online, mostly very favorable. But readers also let us know where they wanted more help. Almost everyone wished there was more guidance in the book, to make it more than a directory of resources, valuable though that was.
Betty and I put our heads together, and with the help of Kate Tilton we recruited over 20 experts in all areas of indie publishing to contribute exactly the guidance readers were looking for.
Why did they do it? To help authors coming into self-publishing for the first time. To help authors who’ve gotten overwhelmed or confused by the process. To set the record straight. To spread “best practices” so more authors will be successful.
With all this new content, the book has exploded in size, too. We’ve basically taken a book, and added another book to it. Last year’s 178 pages have ballooned to 380 in this year’s print edition. It’s packed with advice and links to the resources you’ll need.
I can’t wait for you to see it. Publication date is Monday, January 25, 2016.
Inside the Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide
We broke down the publishing process into three parts:
Then within each part we set up categories (a total of 35 of them) to hold listings of companies and individual vendors, complete with:
- a short blurb giving a little information about the listing
- the person responsible for the site or business where appropriate
- email addresses where available as live links
- website addresses as live links
- phone numbers where available
All alphabetically arranged.
New in the 2016 edition, we’ve added an article introducing each category by an expert in the field. These articles have the most up to date information as of this edition. Here are the authors who contributed:
- Rachel Rice of Rae the Indexer
- Cathi Stevenson of Book Cover Express
- Judith Briles of The Book Shepherd
- Kat Vancil of KatGirl Studio
- Michael Larsen of San Francisco Writers Conference
- C. Hope Clark of FundsforWriters
- Sharon Goldinger of PeopleSpeak
- Carla King of Self-Pub Boot Camp
- Robin Cutler of IngramSpark
- Victoria Strauss of Writer Beware
- Gordon Burgett of Gordon Burgett’s Website
- David Bergsland of Radiqx Press
- Tyler Doornbos of Well Design
- Rachel Thompson of BadRedhead Media
- Miral Sattar of Bibliocrunch
- Kate Tilton of Kate Tilton’s Author Services, LLC
- Joan Stewart of The Publicity Hound
- Dana Lynn Smith of Savvy Book Marketer
- Penny Sansevieri of Author Marketing Experts
- Amy Edelman of IndieReader
- Mark Coker of Smashwords
- Tracy Atkins of Book Design Templates
- Liz Dubelman of VidLit
- Shelley Sturgeon of Bound and Determined
- Orna Ross of The Alliance of Independent Authors
I can’t wait to start getting this new edition of the Resource Guide into people’s hands. It’s got over 850 curated and verified links.
For years I’ve advocated for authors to take advantage of the great tools for publishing and distribution we have now, avoiding the scammers and rip-off artists.
The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide now offers authors a virtual education in self-publishing, plus easy access to the resources to turn your manuscripts into published books. And it’s still only $7.99.
How You Can Help
I love the community of writers, designers, editors, artists, and authors who read this blog. It’s a joy to be able to keep supplying high-quality content that helps tens of thousands of authors get into print and have fun doing it.
Now I’d like to ask something, from you.
Help me get the word out about the new edition of my book. It’s going to save lots of people time, energy, and frustration, and pass along important information, too.
We’d love to start off with a pile of preorders, and we’d love it if you would help spread the word by letting other people know about the book.
It’s got links to every product, service, or kind of vendor you might need to self-publish, and the many rave reviews on the book testify to the help authors have gotten from it.
Watch for my post on publication day, January 25, with all the details, links to retailers, and another incredible launch offer you just won’t believe (better than last year’s!).
You won’t be disappointed.
Will you help? Go do your preorder now. Here’s the link: The Self-Publisher’s Ultimate Resource Guide 2016 Preorder—Do It Today!
(And if you do preorder, here’s a hint: save a copy of your receipt, you’re going to need it.)