I think you’re going to really enjoy my talk today with Dan Blank of We Grow Media.
Dan interviewed me for his blog in July, 2011, and I can tell you he is a master of the split-screen format. He has interviews in his archives with many of the most interesting people in publishing.
One of the reasons I wanted to talk to Dan is that he helps authors build their writing careers as a business, and also consults for publishers. He has a unique vantage point on what’s going on in the industry. You can get his free and excellent newsletter here.
In this interview we talk about:
- Digital publishing will continue to be a big part of the business
- Will self-publishing and traditional publishing learn to get along?
- Writing as a business, as a career
- How authors build a platform today
- The kinds of motivations that move writers
- Building up a support network
- Why writers have to build their own “roadmap”
It runs 24:50 minutes and Dan shares quite a bit of wise advice for writers. Let me know what you think.
(If the video doesn’t appear below, please refresh your screen.)